Charged With a DUI?
What exactly is a DUI?
There are many different types of DUI in California, but the most common are CVC 23152(a) and 23152(b).
Vehicle Code 23152(a) – Driving While Under the Influence
Under California Vehicle Code 23152(a), “It is unlawful for any person who is under the influence of any alcoholic beverage or drug, or under the combined influence of any alcoholic beverage or drug, to drive a vehicle.”
Under California law, “driving under the influence” means that the drugs or alcohol has affected your ability to drive a reasonably cautious person. The prosecution will attempt to prove this by showing results of field sobriety tests, chemical tests to measure BAC, and objective symptoms observed by the officer
Vehicle Code 23152(b) – Driving with a BAC of .08 or Greater
Under California Vehicle Code 23152(b), “it is unlawful for any person who has 0.08 percent or more, by weight, of alcohol in his or her blood to drive a vehicle.”
The measurement of the amount of alcohol in the blood has come to be known as blood alcohol concentration, aka, BAC. Law enforcement has many ways to measure BAC while investigating these cases. Typically the measurement of BAC requires a trained police officer and machines that are serviced by trained forensic experts. Effectively this evidence may be the difference in a DUI defense.
If you have been charged with DUI, we can help!
There are legal ways to avoid many, if not all, of these consequences. A DUI is a misdemeanor case. This means that you have the constitutional right to a jury trial, to confront the witnesses accusing you, and to see the government’s evidence. There are defenses that can result in anything from a complete dismissal or acquittal of the charge to reduction in the charges or the penalties of the offense.
Our DUI Experience
- We have handled hundreds of DUI cases here in Los Angeles County and all over Southern California and have successfully taken many DUI cases to trial.
- We have studied case law and all applicable statutes and regulation regarding DUI, including Title 17, which is the code of regulations that governs DUI forensic testing.
- We have studied various medical journals and forensic science publications on the science of DUI and have used this knowledge successfully in court.
- We keep up on new law and science so that our defense is on the cutting edge of the field.
- We have studied and used in court various law enforcement manuals on DUI investigation including BAC testing, Field Sobriety Testing, and recognition of objective symptoms of alcohol intoxication
- We are persuasive court room advocates who literally appear in court every single day in Los Angeles courts and often make multiple appearances per day.
- We are known by judges, prosecutors, and law enforcement and have unmatched credibility in the courts.
Our DUI service includes
- Free Consultation – Sit down face-to-face with a lawyer and discuss the facts of your case. You will get a full analysis, legal opinion, and recommended course of action.
- DMV representation – If you were arrested for DUI, the DMV will try and suspend your license. You have only 10 days from the date of arrest to request a hearing to contest the license suspension. We can contact the DMV and request a hearing, request the evidence they have in their case, and request a stay on your license suspension, so you can keep driving pending the hearing.
- Court Representation – Your DUI may also mean that you are being charged with a misdemeanor. We are skilled criminal attorneys and we focus our practice on DUI cases. We can advocate for you in court to try and achieve a dismissal, acquittal, or substantial reduction in the charges.
- Jury Trial Representation – We appear in California Courts everyday and most days, multiple courts. We have tried a high volume of DUI cases over the years. If your case proceeds to jury trial, you can have a skilled team of attorneys, investigators, experts, and admin staff working your case to the fullest.
If you are charged with a Traffic Misdemeanor or DUI, hire California’s best traffic law firm. We can help you get a great result on your case. To learn more about our procedures and how we can represent you, call the California Ticket King at 877-985-0002 or fill out a form on our website.
Our California Traffic Attorneys
Hiring an attorney to defend your traffic ticket may mean the difference between a conviction and a dismissal. With high fines, DMV points and your license at stake, you need an experienced traffic law firm to handle it. Our traffic attorneys are the best in the business because:
We know the law and procedure that govern traffic law and traffic courts. We use the knowledge we've gained to get an advantage in court. Knowing the right legal maneuvers may mean the difference between a conviction and a dismissal.
We go to court for you
Under Penal Code 977 we can make all your court appearances without you having to be present. In most cases, you will never have to go to court. We appear on your behalf and represent you to the fullest extent of the law.
Hiring an attorney doesn't have to be expensive. Our fees are reasonable because we have designed our business to be efficient. Many clients actually save money because they have hired our law firm.
These Guys are Awesome. ..got my Tix dismissed today.... purely professional every step of the way.....thank You
One of the best decisions I have made. The process was simple and they handles everything. You are fool if you don't utilize the King
I received 2 tickets in one month. One for illegal u-turn and the second for speeding on the freeway. ( bad month) I was going to fight them myself but hired SD ticket king instead. They got both dismissed! I paid $198 instead of $1100+
Saved me time and money. Hopefully I don't need to use this service again but if I do I will be a happy returning customer.
I would definitely recommend Scott and I hope I won't get another ticket but if I ever do, I will hire him immediately he's not only polite, dedicated but very professional. I am really happy with the results of my traffic violation ticket. Thank you Scott
Used ticket king a year ago for a speeding ticket and they got it dismissed!! Love ticket king! Saved me $300!
Glenn Prentice--These are the best---going a steep down hill grade on I-8 I was busted by the CHP going 84 in a 70mph zone . They were very honest with me--giving me a 50% chance of dismissal---They did cade was dismissed--Thank you very much ticket King!
These guys are awesome. Got me out of a hefty ticket a few years back. Money well spent.
Luv these guys got my speeding case dismissed my GO TO people!!!
Can’t emphasize how much Scott Hullinger, Attorney at Law does for his and her customers. He is professional and top notch. I highly recommended his services.
I got a speeding ticket and called California Ticket King to take care of it. Not only did it save me time.....it saved me money and my ticket was dismissed. I would recommend them to anyone...I would use them again in a minute. Hope I don't have to but you never know. They are the best and worry free. Thanks California Ticket King..... Janest
These guys are great. They got my ticket dismissed with almost no involvement from me. I would definitely recommend them to all my friends and family
Great price, perfect result. Thanks so much.
Keep shopping, this "service" will not help u save one single dollar. U will lose time, energy, & $ with these guys. I provided dash cam footage on a special Zip drive and he didn't even use it. I could've asked the officer that wrote my ticket to dismiss it and asked my judge for leniency/a reduction, without paying $149. I still owe the full fine $401. I should've just set the 149 dollars that Scott charged me on fire. Even after years of law school, my representation put in as little effort as humanly possible. Waste of so much time, energy, & money.
When you slip in life, they're there to catch you.
Had two redlights turn tickets in vista about a week apart from eachother, they ended up getting both dismissed 2 thumbs up ++++ i would have ended up paying 1,000
Not sure how you guys did it. I was doing 86 in a 65 going north on the 15. Motorcycle Cop busted me on radar. Pretty clear if you ask me. $450 ticket. This process couldnt have been simpler. Didn’t have to do anything other than scan the ticket and give a brief description of what happened and email it. Got this today in my email 🙂 ---------------------- Dear Kenan, I am pleased to inform you that we successfully dismissed your ticket. I've attached a copy of the court docket for your records. You don't need to do anything further. Thank you for using our services. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. Sincerely, Pablo Fabian -- Hullinger, Speredelozzi & Fabian, APC ----------------------
Have been using there services for 4 years now 3 tickets later & still no points on my record all tickets dismissed!
Got 3 speeding tickets And a seatbelt ticket dropped to just one traffic school these guys are great!
California Ticket King went above and beyond to help me with my issues. Highly Recommended. Extremely Professional.