Driving While Under the Influence – CVC 23152(a)
Charged With DUI under CVC 23152(a)?
What exactly is DUI under CVC 23152(a)?
Under California Vehicle Code 23152(a), “It is unlawful for any person who is under the influence of any alcoholic beverage or drug, or under the combined influence of any alcoholic beverage or drug, to drive a vehicle.”
Under California law, “driving under the influence” means that the drugs or alcohol has affected your ability to drive a reasonably cautious person. The prosecution will attempt to prove this by showing results of field sobriety tests, chemical tests to measure BAC, and objective symptoms observed by the officer
If you have been charged with CVC 23152(a), we can help!
There are legal ways to avoid many, if not all, of these consequences. A DUI is a misdemeanor case. This means that you have the constitutional right to a jury trial, to confront the witnesses accusing you, and to see the government’s evidence. There are defenses that can result in anything from a complete dismissal or acquittal of the charge to reduction in the charges or the penalties of the offense.
Our DUI Experience
- We have handled hundreds of DUI cases all over California and have successfully taken many DUI cases to trial.
- We have studied case law and all applicable statutes and regulation regarding DUI, including Title 17, which is the code of regulations that governs DUI forensic testing.
- We have studied various medical journals and forensic science publications on the science of DUI and have used this knowledge successfully in court.
- We keep up on new law and science so that our defense is on the cutting edge of the field.
- We have studied and used in court various law enforcement manuals on DUI investigation including BAC testing, Field Sobriety Testing, and recognition of objective symptoms of alcohol intoxication
- We are persuasive court room advocates who literally appear in court every single day in California courts and often make multiple appearances per day.
- We are known by judges, prosecutors, and law enforcement and have unmatched credibility in the courts.
Our DUI service includes
- Free Consultation – Sit down face-to-face with a lawyer and discuss the facts of your case. You will get a full analysis, legal opinion, and recommended course of action.
- DMV representation – If you were arrested for DUI, the DMV will try and suspend your license. You have only 10 days from the date of arrest to request a hearing to contest the license suspension. We can contact the DMV and request a hearing, request the evidence they have in their case, and request a stay on your license suspension, so you can keep driving pending the hearing.
- Court Representation – Your DUI may also mean that you are being charged with a misdemeanor. We are skilled criminal attorneys and we focus our practice on DUI cases. We can advocate for you in court to try and achieve a dismissal, acquittal, or substantial reduction in the charges.
- Jury Trial Representation – We appear in California Courts everyday and most days, multiple courts. We have tried a high volume of DUI cases over the years. If your case proceeds to jury trial, you can have a skilled team of attorneys, investigators, experts, and admin staff working your case to the fullest.
If you are charged with a Traffic Misdemeanor or DUI, hire California’s best traffic law firm. We can help you get a great result on your case. To learn more about our procedures and how we can represent you, call the California Ticket King at (619) 780-1182 or fill out a form on our website.
We Go To Court For You!
Hiring an attorney to defend your traffic ticket may mean the difference between a conviction and a dismissal. With high fines, DMV points and your license at stake, you need an experienced traffic law firm to handle it. Our traffic attorneys are the best in the business because:
We know the law and procedure that govern traffic law and traffic courts. We use the knowledge we've gained to get an advantage in court. Knowing the right legal maneuvers may mean the difference between a conviction and a dismissal.
We go to court for you
Under Penal Code 977 we can make all your court appearances without you having to be present. In most cases, you will never have to go to court. We appear on your behalf and represent you to the fullest extent of the law.
Hiring an attorney doesn't have to be expensive. Our fees are reasonable because we have designed our business to be efficient. Many clients actually save money because they have hired our law firm.