How to Beat a California Radar Ticket
Police have been using radar to measure the speed of drivers for years. And for just as long, good traffic attorneys have been finding ways to poke holes in radar evidence. If you got a ticket where the officer used radar to measure your speed, you have a good defense.
How Do You Know If Radar Was Used?
The officer will sometimes tell you how your speed was measured during the vehicle stop. If not it will say on the ticket. Look in the lower middle right and there will be a box that says “radar” and space for the officer to write a serial number. This will be used later in court.
What Must the Officer Bring To Court?
In order to prove the elements of a speeding ticket measured with radar the officer must bring
- A front and back copy of the original citation, including any officer notes on the back of the ticket.
- Proof that the radar device the officer used to measure the speed was accurate and working properly on the day of the citation.
- A good memory of the events giving rise to the citation.
Best Defenses to CA Radar Tickets
- Has the Officer been trained to use the radar gun properly?
- Has the Officer completed at least 24 hours of a Radar Operator Course as required by California Vehicle Code 40802(c)(1)(A)?
- Does the radar device meet or exceed the minimal operational standards of the National Traffic Highway Safety Administration as required by California Vehicle Code 40802(c)(1)(D)?
- Has the radar been calibrated within the three years prior to the date of the alleged violation by an independent certified laser or radar repair and testing or calibration facility as required by California Vehicle Code 40802(c)(1)(D)?
- Did the officer use the radar gun in accordance with its manufacturer’s specifications?
- Did the officer radar the correct vehicle?
- Did the radar make any technical errors like batching, Cosign error, shadow effect, etc.?
- Did the officer test the device for accuracy before and after his shift?
We Know How To Beat Radar Tickets!
Our attorneys are experienced in defending radar speeding tickets. We know how to attack the accuracy of the radar and help you save money and DMV points.
If you are charged with violating the California Vehicle Code, hire California’s best ticket law firm. We will substantially increase the odds of getting your ticket dismissed, fines reduced, or DMV points avoided. To learn more about our procedures and how we can fight your traffic ticket, call the California Ticket King at 877-985-0002 or email our attorneys at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dismiss Your Ticket in 3 Easy Steps
Hire our law firm online, by phone or through email. Tell us about your case, get us documents and proof.
Our attorneys go to court for you! We plead you not guilty, hold trial and present proof.
Our case managers update you. You comply with the court’s orders or it’s dismissed.
Hiring an attorney to defend your traffic ticket may mean the difference between a conviction and a dismissal. With high fines, DMV points and your license at stake, you need an experienced traffic law firm to handle it. Our traffic attorneys are the best in the business because:
We know the law and procedure that govern traffic law and traffic courts. We use the knowledge we've gained to get an advantage in court. Knowing the right legal maneuvers may mean the difference between a conviction and a dismissal.
We go to court for you
Under Penal Code 977 we can make all your court appearances without you having to be present. In most cases, you will never have to go to court. We appear on your behalf and represent you to the fullest extent of the law.
Hiring an attorney doesn't have to be expensive. Our fees are reasonable because we have designed our business to be efficient. Many clients actually save money because they have hired our law firm.