10 Do’s and Dont’s With a Trial By Declaration
Filing a trial by declaration may be a good option. In California, filing a TBD allows you two shots at winning your ticket, first by paper, and second by live trial.
If you are going to file a TBD, make sure it’s complete and complies with the following 10 DO’S AND DONT’S WITH A TRIAL BY DECLARATION:
- DO Post Bail – CVC 40902(b) requires that if you want to contest your case by mail, you must deposit bail.
- DO Send It On Time – Judges are notoriously finicky. You don’t want to be found guilty simply because the judge was a stickler for time.
- DON’T Admit Guilt – As much as you want to say you’re guilty but that you are a good person with a good explanation don’t ever admit that you committed a violation (even 67 in a 65 zone is still a violation). The problem is as interesting as you think your story is, judges just don’t give a hoot about you or your problem. Judges know the law and simply determine the facts from the submitted declarations and determines whether the established facts were in violation of the law. When you go claiming that you did speed or did cross the line abruptly the judge stamps it with a guilty all because you established the fact and the proof of the violation.
- DO Ask For Traffic School – Traffic School is great, but if you don’t ask for it the judge is not going to assume that you want it. Make sure it’s in there. I always start mine out with “In the alternative, should the court find me guilty, I request that traffic school be granted for the following reasons…”
- DO Handcraft an Argument
- DO Demand that the Officer Meets the Burden of Proof
- DON’T Give Excuses
- DO Back Assertions Up With Documents
- DO Keep it Short
- DO Keep Your Address Current with the DMV
- DON’T Use an Legal Document Assistant Service to prepare your Written Trial By Declaration
Hiring an attorney to defend your traffic ticket may mean the difference between a conviction and a dismissal. With high fines, DMV points and your license at stake, you need an experienced traffic law firm to handle it. Our traffic attorneys are the best in the business because:
We know the law and procedure that govern traffic law and traffic courts. We use the knowledge we've gained to get an advantage in court. Knowing the right legal maneuvers may mean the difference between a conviction and a dismissal.
We go to court for you
Under Penal Code 977 we can make all your court appearances without you having to be present. In most cases, you will never have to go to court. We appear on your behalf and represent you to the fullest extent of the law.
Hiring an attorney doesn't have to be expensive. Our fees are reasonable because we have designed our business to be efficient. Many clients actually save money because they have hired our law firm.
Got 3 speeding tickets And a seatbelt ticket dropped to just one traffic school these guys are great!
Amazing! San Diego Ticket King got my $500 red light ticket dismissed! Thank you!
Can’t emphasize how much Scott Hullinger, Attorney at Law does for his and her customers. He is professional and top notch. I highly recommended his services.
I got a speeding ticket and called California Ticket King to take care of it. Not only did it save me time.....it saved me money and my ticket was dismissed. I would recommend them to anyone...I would use them again in a minute. Hope I don't have to but you never know. They are the best and worry free. Thanks California Ticket King..... Janest
Had two redlights turn tickets in vista about a week apart from eachother, they ended up getting both dismissed 2 thumbs up ++++ i would have ended up paying 1,000
Great price, perfect result. Thanks so much.
I would definitely recommend Scott and I hope I won't get another ticket but if I ever do, I will hire him immediately he's not only polite, dedicated but very professional. I am really happy with the results of my traffic violation ticket. Thank you Scott
Glenn Prentice--These are the best---going a steep down hill grade on I-8 I was busted by the CHP going 84 in a 70mph zone . They were very honest with me--giving me a 50% chance of dismissal---They did cade was dismissed--Thank you very much ticket King!
These guys are absolutely the best. I got two tickets within a 4 day period. They got one reduced to an off-road violation and the other dismissed. I have told all my friends about SD Ticket King. Thank you so much!
Saved me time and money. Hopefully I don't need to use this service again but if I do I will be a happy returning customer.
These guys are great. They got my ticket dismissed with almost no involvement from me. I would definitely recommend them to all my friends and family
Speeding ticket DISMISSED for only $99... The best hundred bucks I ever spent! Wooohoooo. Thanks again San Diego Ticket King!
Not sure how you guys did it. I was doing 86 in a 65 going north on the 15. Motorcycle Cop busted me on radar. Pretty clear if you ask me. $450 ticket. This process couldnt have been simpler. Didn’t have to do anything other than scan the ticket and give a brief description of what happened and email it. Got this today in my email 🙂 ---------------------- Dear Kenan, I am pleased to inform you that we successfully dismissed your ticket. I've attached a copy of the court docket for your records. You don't need to do anything further. Thank you for using our services. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. Sincerely, Pablo Fabian -- Hullinger, Speredelozzi & Fabian, APC ----------------------
Was pulled over in a school zone on the second day of school and 45 minutes before school started. I was clocked going 42 mph in a 25mph zone. Case was dismissed. A massive ticket was prevented. Fabian is amazing. Highly recommend them to anyone. They get things done and are extremely professional. Randall S.
Very responsible attorney, and Thanks to work on my latest 2 tickets, and both are dismissed. Recommend!
the best, would not use or even recommend anyone else....
I received 2 tickets in one month. One for illegal u-turn and the second for speeding on the freeway. ( bad month) I was going to fight them myself but hired SD ticket king instead. They got both dismissed! I paid $198 instead of $1100+
One of the best decisions I have made. The process was simple and they handles everything. You are fool if you don't utilize the King
without a doubt, these guys are the best... another speeding ticket dismissed.. highly recommend SD ticket king.. very cost effective solution.. don't just pay the ticket, CALL THEM
These guys are awesome. Got me out of a hefty ticket a few years back. Money well spent.